Sardar Patel Education Trust envisions Nurture project with an Indian mind, an Indian heart and an Indian soul that emphasis on learn to excel, dare to dream which helps in rural education for nation development.
Our mission is to provide a platform for rural schools and to encourage rural school going children to bring out their best and support their all round development ,to discovering their joy of learning ,to awakening and illuminate their intellect in multidimensional way by imbibing values and holistic approach in themselves.
About Nurture Project:
SPET is an educational hub in Anand, the milk city that has played a pivotal role in ‘white revolution’ in a nation.SPET has extended its horizon of social service from urban to rural territory under the project called NURTURE which is a joint collaboration by SPET and Anand District Administration to provide qualitative education in economically backward and remote areas and to keep them at par which mainstream of development.
Our study reveals that rural area schools have high dropout ratio apart from poor quality of learning and teaching and weak infrastructure. SPET wants to take a step forward by adopting schools and shouldering the vision of Honorable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi Sir thought sparkling idea of lady academician and chief minister of Gujarat Smt. Anandiben Patel who aspires and inspires us, to plunge for new social responsibility and to nurture the young generations a good citizens through skill development for self reliance. SPET is planned to adopt the rural primary schools of Khanpur, Pratapura, vadinathpura a kherda of Anand district.
To offer educational programmes that support rural school going children in academics, moral, mental ,social, good hygiene and physical development. To make rural school going children aware ,to appreciate and feel proud of their history, culture and traditions, whilst being open to other cultures and alternative views of the world.
- To enhance their computer literacy and provide them counseling on various aspects like career, nutrition ,health and hygiene etc.
- To coordinate children with families and families with society.
- To inculcate in them discipline, good habits ,positive attitude to develop confident self image.
- To build up special educators for needy students .
- To provide best infrastructure for teaching learning process
- Poor and old infrastructure
- Inferior quality of learning and teaching
- Outdated input resources(library, computers, benches, laboratories)
- Traditional teachers and manpower
- Absence of hygienic environment
- High dropout ratio
- Non enrollment of children
- Lack of use of ICT
- Security concern
- Lack of training to teachers and manpower
- Least of enthusiasm and motivation
- Poor work culture
- Ignorance of children from economically deprived families
Anand District is located near the Gulf of Cambay in the central Gujarat. The population of district is 2,090,276 (2011 Census). This gives it a ranking of 219th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 711 inhabitants per square kilometer. Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 12.57%. Anand has a sex ratio of 921 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 85.79%. It is divided in to eight tehsils for administration. Anand city is known as Milk capital of India.Well defined and adequate education infrastructure has been created by state government for the uplifment of literacy rate in Gujarat.
- To consult school authorities and monitor day to day functioning by external support as CATALYST to bring the change.
- To help to generate resources to change existing infrastructure facilities in planned ways.
- To provide expert dedicated faculty resources for imparting teaching learning process.
- To utilize nearby river sweet water resources to develop fishery ,poultry, dairy Horticulture activities to provide immediate subsidiary self employment opportunities.
- To develop a craft skills in students to design/manufacture boats/small batch for water transportation activity for local self employment and skill development in young generation
- To assist school children to get financial assistance and get advantages of various government schemes to bring them at par with mainstream development
It is a joint responsibility of government, Educational trust and NGOs to improve the quality of education imparted in the schools and create the model of PPP (Public Private Partnership).Nurture project is joint initiative by Sardar Patel Education Trust Anand and Anand District Administration. ‘Nurture’ is a project of uplifting rural school education and to prepare rural children to face the challenge of the 21st century with confidence , strength and encourage sharing of ideas and thoughts to make them participatory in nation building process.Furtherance my best wishes to SPET to make this project a ground and pilot project for the nation building.